Life can get hectic fast, but healthy eating does not have to be. You probably have heard the idea of choosing meatless meals on Monday. It is a great opportunity to explore some other recipes or meals that you may not otherwise try. Here is a really simple, incredibly delicious healing meal with salmon as the leading lady.This meal is super fast, nutrient dense and provides you with incredible anti-inflammatory benefits. Salmon is known for its omega 3 properties which help reduce inflammation in our body to assist with heart disease, stress management and arthritis to name a few. Salmon also contains another substance called calcitonin. Calcitonin is a protein peptide, produced from our thyroid gland, also found in Salmon specifically, and is shown to stabilize and regulate collagen and minerals in the bone and surrounding tissues acting as a skeleton preserver. During pregnancy and lactation, particularly lactation, women are at risk for losing calcium from their bones; calcitonin helps to prevent that loss; Another great reason to eat salmon.
Here is the recipe for the meal shown above: Serves 4
- Place (4) 4 oz. salmon fillets in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with: 1 tbsp of olive oil, 3 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp minced garlic, 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. water.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes. (Depending upon how done you prefer your fish.)
- Steam 2 c. quinoa and 3 c. spinach while the salmon is baking.
- Layer quinoa, spinach, then salmon; topping with the liquid from the baking dish.