If you have well intentions and stock up on fresh produce before realizing your week changes and aren’t able to prepare the food you originally planned..try making a homemade soup. It’s a one stop pot of anything you love. Once you get into a rhythm or style, you will quickly learn how easy it is and the formulations are endless for a personalized soup. The other day I made a vegetable soup with chicken stock and added Lima beans and quinoa. I garnished it with some shredded cheddar and fresh parsley. So good! Here is the recipe:
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 2 whole onions, chopped
- 2 c. chopped carrots
- 2 whole tomatoes diced or 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 4 c. of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 c. water
- 3 c. Lima beans, frozen
- 1 c. dried quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 c. fresh parsley
- Saute carrots, onions and celery in olive oil and garlic on medium heat.
- If you are adding in mushrooms, meat or seafood, this is the time.
- Add in chicken stock, water, tomatoes and Lima beans or any additional vegetables.
- Bring to a boil for ten minutes, turn down to medium heat. Simmer.
- Add one cup of dried quinoa until soft. Done!
- Salt & Pepper as desired. Add a small amount of shredded cheese and a fresh parsley sprig as garnish.