When my husband and I first met, this was one of the dishes he made for me. I loved it and since then, it has become a staple meal in our house. It is really simple and so full of flavor. The ingredients are basic and easy. Here is what you will need for this dish:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
8 oz lean diced ham
- 2 c. of dry rice, cooked (I have used Jasmine, brown Jasmine, plain brown & white rice.) They all work great.
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 eggs, scrambled
1.5 c. mixed vegetables (frozen)
1/2 c. green onion, chopped
A wok or large skillet
You will definitley want to have the rice cooked ahead of time, the eggs scrambled, soy sauce ready to go, and both white and green onions as well as the ham chopped. Once you start the stir-fry, it will be boom boom boom.
Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and stir fry chopped white onions and ham until brown.
- Add cooked rice to the onion and ham mixture, stiring constantly on medium high heat.
- Turn heat up to high and add 1/4 c. of soy sauce, continuously stiring until the rice mixture becomes brown and crispy.
- Add mixed vegetables until warmed through, retaining bright colors.
- Toss gently with green onion and scrambled eggs.
- Serve with apple sauce on the side. This may sound weird, but I like to top the rice with Greek yogurt or sour cream. The cold tangy dairy adds a nice balance with the salty warm rice stir-fry. Enjoy!
This picture shown above is what the rice will look like right before adding the eggs and green onion. At this point, you are just minutes away from this tasty stir-fry. Don’t forget some cold applesauce on the side :). It provides just the right balance. Okay, I’m done!Pin It