Sausage Fabuloso is sauteed lean sausage with kale, onions & sweet peppers blended in a light garlic cream sauce over colorful rotini noodles.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb of lean sausage cut into large bite size pieces (shown is a blended pork and chicken sausage, 50% less fat)
- 1 large sweet white onion, sliced
- 2 large bell peppers or 10 mini colorful sweet vine peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 large handfuls of raw kale
- 1/2 cup of fresh cream or half and half
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice (This is the MAGIC ingredient, but just a pinch)
- 13.25 oz. tri-colored rotini, cooked and set aside
- Top with Parmesan or dried red pepper flakes
- Begin by heating large skillet or saute pan with olive oil
- Add sliced onion, peppers and uncooked sausage
- Saute until sausage is cooked through and onions and peppers are soft and wilted
- Add uncooked kale until it gently wilts and blend thoroughly
- Next you will want to add just a pinch of Chinese five spice. This spice will bring out the flavor of the sausage and blend everything amazingly.
- This is the time to add garlic and 1/2 c. of cream or half and half. I used half and half. Your goal is to make a creamy mixture not an abundant amount of sauce. The dish itself is so rich in flavor that nothing more is required.
- Once all of your ingredients are blended together, top over some colorful rotini noodles maintaining that green, red and yellow color scheme. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or dried red pepper flakes to add a little heat. Enjoy!