Find me on Facebook at: Andrea Stewart, RD
Looking for something way too easy AND way too good? This is it!
- Your favorite spaghetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 1 large eggplant (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 bag of fancy shredded reduced fat Mozzarella and Parmesan blend
- 1/2 bag of frozen spinach (mushrooms, diced tomatoes work great too)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. whole wheat angel hair pasta or your favorite pasta
- 4 c. shredded green romaine salad with favorite dressing or vinaigrette
- Optional: sprinkle with Italian or Panko style bread crumbs in between layers.
Starting with sauce in a 9 x 13 casserole dish, layer sauce, eggplant, spinach (or any vegetables), cheese and breadcrumbs, ending with cheese. You will layer about 2 to 3 times. Sprinkle a dash of garlic powder in between layers and bake at 350 for 45 minutes covered, then 15 minutes uncovered.
You can make this ahead of time and throw it in the oven when you are able.
If you desire, boil some pasta and prepare a green salad while it’s baking. Top the eggplant Parmesan over cooked the pasta and serve with a bright green salad. Sprinkle with dried red pepper flakes and fresh Parmesan.
Go easy on the cheese and pasta if you are trying to cut back on calories and bulk up on a nice crisp green salad. Enjoy!Pin It