Find me on Facebook at: Andrea Stewart, RD
When looking at some fresh ingredients in my fridge that I needed to use up, I was inspired to make this dish. I named it Lemon Tuscan Pasta. The Italian meat, the fresh lemon and bright green onions reminded me of a beautiful countryside sunset in Tuscany. Here is the recipe I came up with:
- one package of 100% whole wheat thin spaghetti or angel hair
- 4 oz. of freshly chopped Prosciutto
- ½ c. of heavy cream or half and half
- 1 whole lemon (for juice and zest)
- 2 c. green onions, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Begin by boiling and draining your pasta
- Shave the zest from the whole lemon, set aside
- Saute zucchini in extra virgin olive oil, set aside
- Using the same sauté pan from the zucchini, throw in your green onion, prosciutto, and about ½ of the lemon zest along with all of your cream (adjust to preference) on medium heat, continuously stirring until all ingredients are well blended and warmed through.
- Pour the mixture of prosciutto, green onions, cream and lemon zest over your cooked pasta into a large family style bowl along with the cooked zucchini on top.
- Garnish with the remaining lemon zest, Parmesan cheese and a generous squeeze of the juice from your shaved whole lemon. The lemon is a key factor; the more the better.
- Serve and enjoy.