Find me on Facebook at: Andrea Stewart, RD
When deciding upon this meal, I knew I had some white fish, capers and some fresh tomatoes that I wanted to use up. I also decided to add olives and lemon. This is a fun dish that is sure to be enjoyed by all. NOTE: I added a dash of homemade tartar sauce to make it more appealing to my kids. I made the tartar sauce with homemade squash relish, from Mema, along with some mayo. Use any regular relish and mayo if desired.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg. tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 c. capers
- 1.5 c. black olives, sliced
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zest
- 4 slices of fresh lemon
- 1 lb white fish (Haddock, Cod, Tilapia, Flounder) or 4 fillets
- 2 c. cooked, steamed quinoa
- Steam quinoa according to directions for a total of two cooked cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend olives, capers, tomatoes and lemon juice.
- In a baking dish, spray a gentle layer of pan spray on bottom and then place four white fish fillets evenly on bottom.
- Drizzle fish with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with caper-olive-tomato blend and the fresh lemon zest.
- Bake at 350 for twenty minutes.
- Mix up your tartar sauce if desired.
- Layer cooked fish & toppings over quinoa adding also the juice from the baking dish.
- Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge and a small dollop of tartar sauce.
So delicious. A very robust, naturally salty flavor. So light and power packed with nutrients. Enjoy !