Find me on Facebook: Andrea Stewart, RD
If you like chicken fajitas, you will love this salad wrap. It is super easy and can be made in or out of the crock pot. I utilized the crock pot for this recipe. When cooking, I typically incorporate what ingredients I have on hand. On this particular day, I had lean, trimmed chicken breasts, green peppers and onions to use, but you can certainly add red and orange bell peppers, mushrooms, shrimp, flank steak or anything your heart desires. This recipe could also be made vegetarian with black beans or just vegetables. The following recipe makes about six large salad wraps.
– 8 oz trimmed, lean chicken breast
– 2 large green bell peppers
– 2 medium sized onions
– 1 cup of all natural, organic salsa
– 1 tbsp. cumin
– 2 tbsp minced garlic
– 1/2 c. water
– 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 c. shredded cheddar jack cheese
– 6 100% whole grain, high fiber, no trans fat burrito wraps
– 1 c. Greek non fat yogurt or reduced fat sour cream
– 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves
– 3 c. shredded romaine
– 2 tbsp. paprika for garnish
– Top with additional salsa, diced tomatoes, green onions, diced avocado or any other toppings you love.
In a crock pot or saute pan add bite size chopped onions, peppers and chicken to extra virgin olive oil. Mix. Add garlic, salsa, water and cumin. Cook until chicken is done. Let simmer. On a baking sheet, line burrito wraps and bake on low heat for five minutes or microwave in a wet paper towel for one minute.
When the burrito wraps are warmed through, layer salad wraps with romaine lettuce, crock pot blend, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, additional salsa, Greek yogurt and paprika for garnish. Serve and Enjoy!Pin It