If you are a Buffalo wing lover and you just have to get your fix sometimes – this is the recipe you have been looking for. These crispy “wings” will give you all the flavor, juiciness and crispiness of typical Buffalo wings, without all the fatty skin, bones and messiness to deal with. Plus you are slashing the fat and calories in half by using only a little canola oil to lightly pan fry, and using trimmed, boneless, skinless chicken breast. The hot sauce is made using Franks Red Hot and a few other ingredients! If you are a vegetarian, try substituting mushrooms, zucchini, onions or any of your favorite vegetables. Shrimp would also work great! The following recipe serves 3-4.
Ingredients for Chicken:
– 12 oz. Chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into three inch wedges
– 1 egg
– 3/4 c. Cream or half and half (may substitute whole milk)
– 3 c. Panko Style bread crumbs
– 1/4 c. Canola oil
Ingredients for Hot Sauce:
– 1/2 c. Franks Red Hot or any hot pepper sauce
– 3 tbsp. Butter
– 1 tbsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
– Cut chicken breast into three inch strips and one inch think.
– In a large soup bowl combine egg & cream, whisk together.
– In another large soup bowl, add 3 c. of planko bread crumbs.
– Heat large saute pan with a very thin layer of canola oil on medium heat until hot.
– Dip chicken into cream/egg mixture for a few seconds, then into planko bread crumbs.
– With a fork, gently lay coated chicken pieces into hot oil on medium heat.
– Turn once when the bottoms are golden brown and crispy, cooking opposite side.
– When the chicken is done, lay on a plate with a sheet of paper towel to absorb extra oil.
Instructions for hot sauce: Heat 3 tbsp. of butter, 1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot and 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes until melted. Blend well. Take turns dipping breaded, cooked chicken pieces into the sauce.
Serve with cold carrot and celery sticks and chunky blue cheese. Enjoy!